|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: Pension, Health Care etc|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Salary: Starting from £32,000 - £38,000 depending on experience + discretionary bonus scheme
Hours: Full time
Travel: Will be required (UK only)
The City Planner is responsible to the Delivery Manager for the design of all networks required to enable a city infrastructure to be built and for creating city-wide designs through the use of software and tools.
Planning & Delivery - Accountable for the planning and delivery of the active service portfolio, including system & network administration, project management.
Design & Delivery - Build frameworks to identify required network expansion and changes through analytics, automation and direct required adds, moves, changes, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
Operate Monitoring - Develop solutions to maximize network performance by monitoring performance, targeting upgrades and collaborating with Network Architects & Engineers on network optimisation.
Operate Management - Working with Engineers manage the underlying resources of the active network, e.g. IP addressing, backhaul capacity, access network scaling.
Some of what you will be doing will include:
- Designing and overseeing the design of agreed fibre architectures to satisfy city design (FTTH)
- Forecasting CAPEX and OPEX requirements of designed infrastructure projects
- Responsible for the management and governance of works in compliance with guidelines and code of practice
- Managing and advising on capacity within the FTTH city
- Helping to develop, implement and champion network topologies
- Appling rigor to data quality within the client's asset and customer management systems
- Driving consistency, quality, suitability and cost-effectiveness
- Modelling and monitoring new active city networks
- Identifying and augmenting existing network as required
- Delivering short, medium and long-term forecasts for all network components
- Incrementally improving network capacity monitoring and operational excellence utilising automation and AI to drive a lean operating model
- Working with Vendor relationships in regard to securing a repeatable supply chain
- Ensuring and overseeing the design acceptance by the Team
- Ensuring Stage 1 & 2 As builts are received, checked and stored
- Experience with manipulating data and metadata underpinning a civils and fibre design
- Detailed understanding of all aspects of civils route planning
- Detailed understanding of all aspects of fibre planning
- Detailed understanding of Diversionary works code of practice and its application
- Full understanding of UK local and national authority regulations in respect to civil engineering works
- Ability to understand and produce detailed industry-standard level of survey, installation and as-built documentation
- Knowledge and understanding of lit fibre services
- FTTP methodologies and design
- Working understanding of long-distance fibre networks
- Full clean driving license
- 25 days holiday
- Day off for your birthday (on us!)
- Private Pension
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Holiday Purchase
- Day off for Corporate Social Responsibility
- power transmission and distribution projects.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.