|Location: England||Salary: £45000 - £48000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Remote / WFH
Cloud Engineer needed for a respected and highly reputable Defence organisation based in the United Kingdom who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Cloud Engineer that takes pride in their work and experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud design and operations, Infrastructure as Code experience and Full Stack DevOps experience. This position is fully remote and does not require any travel.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Cloud Engineer will include:
- Strong ability to work closely with the Product Owner to ensure services in development are in alignment with the customers' expectations.
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company's engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Responsible for staying current with Microsoft Azure and other vendor offerings and the general market for current and potential products and services offered by the organization.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Advance foundational processes to drive process and cost efficiencies within Cloud platforms and service offerings.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines)
- Advance integration of Cloud service offerings with business area components
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
- Execution of service provisioning to meet Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements and report against infrastructure Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Analyse code and communicate detailed reviews to development teams to ensure a marked improvement in applications and the timely completion of projects.
- Promote adherence to corporate infrastructure processes, procedures, and standards; Change Management, Disaster Recovery /Business Continuity Plan, (DR/BCP), and Security / Government regulatory compliance.
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and co-workers on development and operations
- Establish a culture of ownership and accountability for Cloud success across all levels of the product organization both operationally and fiscally.
- Take an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- Work with team on backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
- Continuous improvement with infrastructure and application development, following all best practices and procedures as established by the company.
- Provide feedback to fellow team members kindly and constructively, and actively seek feedback for professional improvement and growth.
- Strong ownership with a sense of urgency, and drive to launch services.
What experience you need to be the successful Cloud Engineer:
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud design and operations.
- Windows operating system and SQL database
- Knowledge of IT Agile development practices
- Infrastructure as Code experience
- Available off hours as needed.
- Full Stack DevOps experience.
- Effective problem-solving skills demonstrated through related work experience
- Excellent organizational, time management, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision with attention to details
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Cloud Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.