|Location: Crawley||Salary: £75000 - £84000 per annum|
|Sector: Pharmaceuticals, Client Delivery, Medical Devices, Life Sciences||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
!!Fully Remote - Working From Home!!
Cloud Site Reliability Engineer
£75,000 - £84,000 + benefits
Cloud Site Reliability Engineer needed for a leading Medical Device / Pharmaceutical organisation based in Crawley who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Cloud Site Reliability Engineer that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of Azure platform experience and DevOps principles.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree - i.e. Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computing etc and have a keen interest in Cloud technologies and performing 2nd/3rd line support duties. If you have experience within the pharmaceutical sector and hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes or Powershell that is a plus!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Cloud Site Reliability Engineer will include:
- Monitor, analyze, and resolve incidents for customers infrastructure running in Azure
- Install, configure, and administer customer systems in Azure
- Perform regular reviews, document systems, processes, and procedures
- Escalate cases to appropriate staff as necessary to ensure case are closed in a timely fashion
- Follow up on issues via e-mail, ticketing system, and phone calls with our customers.
- Communicate technical issues and solutions with clients in business terms
What experience you need to be the successful Cloud Site Reliability Engineer:
- 5+ year's hands-on experience with virtualization/Cloud technologies including: Azure, VMware, Citrix.
- Advanced Azure Certification(s) preferred
- A passion for problem solving and learning new technologies.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Previous experience in a 24/7 managed services, hosted service company, or Network Operations Center environment.
- 5+ years System administration and support experience (Linux or Windows operating systems; experience with mixed environments a plus).
- Experience with Powershell and other automation environments and scripting technologies.
- Knowledge of SQL Server configuration and fundamentals.
- Active Directory skills, including Group Policy Administration, Replication and Deployment experience.
- Azure Networking fundamentals
- Automation experience with a configuration management system such as ARM, DSC,Terraform, or other such tools a big plus
- Well versed in Internet architectures, including web, application, and database components.
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Cloud Site Reliability Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.