|Location: Salisbury||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Kayleigh Budgen|
6 Month Contract
CNC Machinist needed for a largely recognised organisation based in the Salisbury area who are looking to employ an experienced CNC Machinist to programme, set up and operate a CNC Machine. You will be working within tight tolerances, ensuring quality standards are high and safety standards are met.
What the role entails:
As a CNC Machinist you will be responsible for:
- Maintains specifications by observing milling, drilling, knurling, cutting, facing, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls, and adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Able to support and challenge design to make working processes more efficient.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements, following manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Plans Machining by studying engineering drawings, materials, specifications, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters. Interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Completion of route cards and engineering documents.
- Able to deliver parts within agreed timescales and agreed costs.
- Use of measuring equipment to ensure work is correct prior to submitting to inspection.
- Add value to job accomplishments e.g., cutter usage, consumables.
- Achieve tight delivery demands
- Operation and use of lifting equipment, modern power and hand tools and equipment.
What experience you need to be a successful CNC Machinist:
- 3 Axis experience essential but some 5 axis knowledge would be preferred.
- Willing to be flexible sometimes at short notice to meet customer expectations, sometimes of site.
- Good knowledge of modern computing with preferable experience of multiple CNC controls.
- Operation of CNC and Manual mills, and lathes, pillar drills, grinders.
- SOLID WORKS with SOLID CAM would be preferred.
- Familiar with FANUC, SIEMENS, MAZAK CNC controls
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a CNC Machinist to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that UK Security Clearance up to SC Level is required for the CNC Machinist position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.