|Location: Portsmouth, Rockingham, New Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering, Space, Life Sciences, Technology, Safety||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Combat Systems Engineer
Term: 12 Months
Day Rate: £DOE - INSIDE IR35
Key Skills: Combat Systems, Systems Engineering, Maritime, Marine, Naval, Sonar, Radar, Weapons, Test, Integration, Defence, Engineering, Stakeholder
An experienced Combat Systems Engineer is required to play a key role in supporting the systems engineering function within the maritime sector. You will be required and be able to travel to other UK site locations and support sea trails aboard Royal Navy ships.
So, what will you be doing as a Combat Systems Engineer?
- Support the Senior Combat System Engineers and Technical Leads on relevant technical matters relating to a range of areas across the Combat System;
- Engage with customers, other stakeholders, and suppliers;
- Work as part of a technical team in support of project objectives and contract deliverables in accordance with the Technical Delivery Plan;
- Produce test plans, execute trial activities and conduct post-trial analysis;
- Generate technical documentation including the Supporting Evidence for Certificate of Safe Integration;
- Deliver work and reports on progress to more senior technical and project staff;
- Conduct sea trials on Royal Navy Ships including potentially overseas;
- Escalate significant problems and issues encountered to senior technical and project staff;
- Accountable to the Senior CSE within delegated technical activities. Accountable for any Associate CSEs allocated within delegated technical activities.
What are we looking for in our next Combat Systems Engineer?
- Hold a Degree in Engineering, Physics or similar. HNC/D Level qualification (or equivalent)
- Have 4 years+ relevant experience in engineering
- Have proven experience on Naval Combat Systems or expertise in radar/sonar/C2/weapons etc.
- Experience in Test & Evaluation or Integration.
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Combat Systems Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Combat Systems Engineer, hit that apply button now!
Current Security Clearance (SC) is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.