|Location: Watford, Hertfordshire||Salary: £50000 - £65000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Main Purpose of Job:
To manage and monitor all the commercial aspects of the contracts for which responsibility has been given, to maximise profit and control costs and as appropriate, to be responsible for the management of the company's activities.
Context of Job:
The company is a multi-faceted Construction Group with skills in Civil Engineering Contracting. The Company is a Multi Utilities Service Provider that undertakes a wide variety of Civil Engineering projects including Rail Infrastructure works.
The post holder will be ultimately responsible to the Regional Commercial Manager responsible for the commercial control of the contract or contracts for which the post holder has responsibility.
The post holder will be responsible for members of supporting staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
This will include the management and resourcing of commercial duties on construction contracts to maximise profit and the control of costs by carrying out all / any of the following:
* External / internal valuations.
* Variations and final accounts.
* Cost Value Reports.
* Account forecasting and general costings.
* Negotiating and awarding of sub-contract orders in association with the Group Subcontract Manager.
* Measurement and payment of sub-contract orders.
* Resolution of contract disputes.
* Provision of feedback to the estimators.
* Assist in the Bid Management Process.
* This list is not inclusive or exhaustive and other duties may be expected.
* Be pro-active in all Health, Safety & Environmental issues.
* Ensure compliance with all the company's plc-controlled documents including all the company's plc procedures.
* Be pro-active in developing new systems to meet changing operational needs.
Skills and Knowledge
* High level of commercial awareness.
* Recognition and understanding of consequences of contractual change
* In depth understanding of the business and experience in the management of Utilities projects.
* Conceptual thinker.
* Ability to understand and build partnerships.
* High level of awareness and understanding of numerous contract forms.
* Leadership and responsibility.
* Resourcefulness and ability to work under pressure.
* Ability to analyse problems and offer solutions.
* Ability to manage people and resources to reach the successful completion of the projects for which the post holder is responsible.
* Extensive technical construction knowledge.
* Good communicator.
* Computer literate.
* Ability to give presentations on appropriate matters.
* Experience of managing commercial aspects of construction/utilities contracts.
* Experience of working within a team.
* Relevant experience at senior management level in the industry.
* Holder of a relevant professional or vocational qualification.
Skills and Knowledge
* Ability to motivate people to reach common goals.
* Good negotiator.
* Good team player.
* Be well presented at all times.
* Able to commit to the concept that Health, Safety and Environment are the number one priority for the Organisation and the individual.
* Able to commit to the concept of Equal Opportunity in employment.
* Full and Valid Driver's Licence.
* Set a good example to all employees.
If you are interested, please get in touch right away as they are looking to get you started ASAP.