|Location: Kent, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Scott||Job Published: 29 days ago|
Job Title: Commercial Manager
Salary: Dependent Upon Experience + Package
Key Skills: Commercial Manager, Tender, Bid, Quotations, Contracts, Agreements, Risk, Defence, MoD, DoD, Aerospace, Procurement, Security Clearance, Negotiation
An experienced Commercial Manager is required to play a key role in providing commercial management of contracts across multiple Business Units, from receipt of enquiry until receipt of payment from the customer: this will include commercial input for major tenders, preparing quotations, preparation and negotiation of contracts and contractual agreements, identification and management of commercial risks.
So, what will you be doing as a Commercial Manager?
- Evaluating customer enquiries and Invitations to tender, identifying commercial requirements, preparing and publishing responses in order to gain approval for submission of responses in line with the published Commercial Authority Matrix.
- Drafting accurate contract documentation and agreements (joint venture, partnership, confidentiality, consultancy etc.) in a timely manner to meet business needs.
- Negotiating and finalizing contracts with UK/overseas commercial customers and with UK Ministry of Defence (MOD).
- Provide clear guidance on the flow-down of contract conditions to sub-contractors in order to support the Procurement function to mitigate commercial business risk
- Advising Programme Managers on all contractual aspects to deliver programmes in a cost-effective manner.
- Identifying and managing/mitigating commercial risks through appropriate mechanisms and proactive contract administration.
- Protecting the interests of the business by ensuring appropriate records of all commercial matters are kept, including: formal documentation; informal supporting evidence; records of customer liaison; and ensuring adequate records of meetings of note are retained and circulated to interested parties.
- Ensuring compliance with the Group Operating Manual and Commercial guidelines.
What are we looking for in our next Commercial Manager?
- Degree educated in a Business or related subject is essential. Post-graduation Commercial certifications (such as IACCM) would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years prior Commercial experience in an aerospace, defence or a related technology industry, demonstrating all, or substantially all, of the above responsibilities
- Strong Bids & Proposals expertise working with the MoD & DoD directly
- Strong Export Controls knowledge UK & USA
- Established relationships/working partnerships with the UK MoD
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Commercial Manager, this is the opportunity for you!
Current Security Clearance (SC) is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.