|Location: City of London||Salary: Up to £60000.00 per annum + Company Car|
|Sector: Construction||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Hannah Baker||Job Published: 19 days ago|
Fully remote with occasional travel for client meetings (South and Midlands)
Commercial Manager needed for a well-known construction / utilities' organisation. This role is based fully remote from home but the occasional travel will be required for meetings which tend to be within the South and Midlands. My client is looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded
Commercial Manager that takes pride in their work with a minimum of 5 years practicing experience of Commercial Management / Dispute Management, within a similar industry sector such as utilities, infrastructure and/or built environment.
- £55,000 - £60,000
- 25 day's holidays
- Company Car / Car Allowance
- Variable annual bonus based 5-15%
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Commercial Manager will include:
To review, understand and clearly communicate the obligations and liabilities contained within a contract with the overall aim of maximising income, minimising costs, and ensuring contractual and business compliance, by:
- Identifying, monitoring, and reporting on risks to senior management, and mitigating via counterparty negotiations or otherwise
- Leading the management and negotiation of new profitable contracts and contractual claims / disputes with clients and other third-parties
- Leading the negotiation of heads of terms, development contracts, property, and other third-party agreements with clients and landowners, and their representatives
- Being professional and equitable negotiators and dispute resolvers but ultimately rebutting unfounded contractual claims
- Management of variations / change control.
- Testing pricing assumptions, benchmarks and alignment for estimation/investment models
- Upholding governance within the business, ensuring policies and contract requirements are being complied with.
- Assisting in the search for efficiencies and service optimisation.
- Repository for confidential / commercially sensitive information
What experience you need to be the successful Commercial Manager:
- A minimum of 5 years practicing experience of Commercial Management / Dispute Management, within a similar industry sector such as utilities, infrastructure and/or built environment
- Educated to degree level desirable in either Law, Surveying (Building/Quantity), or numerate/scientific disciplines including Economics and Engineering
- Business development and post contract experience, with asset adoption / acquisition experience beneficial
- Significant experience working with advisors with comprehensive understanding of legal and financial principles (general contract law, construction, energy services)
- Demonstrable experience of negotiation and management of suites of complex development, construction, energy and O&M services, and property/land agreements
- Experience in working with public sectors, particularly concession or PFI models, as well as private clients preferably in prime real estate and housing development
- Excellent communicator across all levels
- Strong financial acumen for understanding and financial and risk reporting, with an ability to analyse complex financial models, and documentation with accuracy
- Skilled negotiator with proven experience in a commercial environment
- Sound understanding of risk analysis/management
- PC Literate with knowledge of MS applications e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.