|Location: Rochester, Kent||Salary: £50000 - £65000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Commercial Manager needed
£55,000 - £65,000 per annum + benefits
Would you like to join a dynamic team that supports the delivery of transformative technology across a diverse global portfolio of military and commercial customers?
The Commercial function is the trusted partner of the business; managing customer relationships, negotiating deals, creating innovative solutions, and providing guidance on contractual, legal, regulatory and governance matters.
Your main responsibilities as a Commercial Manager:
- Our Commercial Managers understand the customer acquisition process, develop and execute complex negotiation strategies against well-defined success criteria.
- Commercial executives at this grade demonstrate the capability to collaborate across the broad organisation and are accountable for interpreting and communicating customer requirements, identifying and mitigating risk and assessing opportunity, supporting the business to manage change and deliver upon its financial commitments.
- My client expect Commercial Managers to consistently demonstrate a high level of accountability, problem solving and leadership in all aspects of their role.
- This role includes a high-level of interaction with external stakeholders, and as such we represent BAE Systems in a variety of business settings around the world. We look for our Commercial executives to be available to travel and be able to adapt to increasingly complex and dynamic situations.
What we are looking for in you:
- This opportunity to join my clients Commercial leadership team requires that you are prepared to learn about their goals and how you can contribute to them, create value for our customers by understanding their needs, help them to grow by challenging our decision making processes, enabling them to learn from experience, and operate with calm professionalism in a highly-changeable business environment.
- To add value as quickly as possible, you will need to come ready-made with proven experience of negotiating and contracting US Department of Defence contracts, the ability to draw upon extensive business acumen and financial awareness, previous success as a leader within a highly-collaborative team environment, and possess strong communication skills.
- It's important that you are knowledgeable on the aspects of the Law that affect the activities of the business, understand typical internal governance requirements, and have extensive experience with a variety of contract/agreement types such as Technical Assistance Agreements.
Please note successful applicant must be eligible to obtain high level government clearance
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.