|Location: Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset||Salary: £60000 - £75000 per annum + package|
|Sector: Construction, Commercial||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matthew Clegg||Job Published: 17 days ago|
£62k to £75k + car & package
Weston Super Mare
I have a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join a leading main contractor working at HPC. The Commercial Manager will be joining a dedicated project delivery team, based from project offices in Weston Super Mare and tasked with developing a team of 4 from Assistant through to Senior QS on a large package of works on one of the most expensive, high profile construction projects currently in the UK.
The Commercial Manager will be responsible for developing their team and overseeing the design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of a large package of works on this high profile project. Some of your duties & responsibilities will include:
- Attend and run monthly project reviews, keeping senior management informed of progress and provide solutions where necessary
- Oversee the procurement of sub-contract packages
- Ensure the project meets it's annual commercial targets and objectives
- Work closely with the client, building a long lasting, trusting relationship
- Maximise the projects cash position
- Ensure the right commercial attitudes of implemented from tender through to final account
- Hold progress and performance reviews with all members of your commercial team
The successful Commercial Manager can expect an exciting career that includes exposure to one of the largest construction projects in Western Europe. You'll be joining a business that has seen consistent growth in recent years and one that continues to secure exciting projects across the power, water, rail, renewables and infrastructure sectors. You'll have the stability of working for a cash rich business, the support of an approachable and experienced leadership team and a competitive salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of £62k to £75k (depending on experience)
- Car/travel allowance of £7k
- 26 Days annual leave
- Private pension contributions
- Private healthcare
- Discretionary bonus
- Yearly pay & performance reviews
Commercial Managers considering this opportunity will need to have:
- A degree in a construction related subject
- Live locally and have a strong track record of permanent employment within a civil engineering/infrastructure sector in the UK
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound understanding on the NEC contract
Candidates chartered with the RICS or ICES will be at an advantage.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join a leading infrastructure contractor on a major project. It promises job security, continued learning opportunities and no glass ceilings. To find out more, get in touch with Matt Clegg at Gold Group.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.