|Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire||Salary: £40.00 - £45.00 per hour|
|Sector: Pharmaceuticals||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 14 days ago|
Commercial Strategy Manager
This team own all the elements of the marketing mix (price, promotion, place, proposition and product assortment). The success will be measured through the delivery of KPI's
The role holder will achieve this by working cross functionally across CD, Category & Marketing to develop winning commercial propositions and long term plans for a select group of brands. The role holder will work closely with their cross functional counterparts: Shopper Teams, Marketing, Finance and local Customer Execution Teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inputs into development of compelling trade propositions that deliver sustainable support for the company's brands and plans (eg turnover, margin, profit vs category average).
- Awareness of various retailers' strategies and understanding of how they affect my clients ability to land commercial strategy
- Carries out Category margin modelling to understand retailer profitability. Creates recommendations to ensure instore fundamentals are delivered
- Makes recommendations on improvements to product mix in order to deliver company and customer profit requirements. Develops guidelines to guide broader business.
- Monitors and tracks Trade Investment to ensure delivery against plan
- Coordinates, and escalates where necessary, any significant or ad hoc requests which are either outside of plan, or are likely to cause conflict between customers/CD team. Eg. New promotions or exclusives
- Understands in-market price by sku vs competition. Makes recommendations on optimal RRPs for NPD*
- Understands promotional objectives by brand and devises strategy, tactics and guidelines that deliver Brand objectives, taking into account category dynamics, Shopper recommendations and promotional evaluation
- Ensures Guidelines are adhered to and that expectations are appropriately managed
- Understands contract prices and makes recommendations where appropriateInputs into GFO cost price
- increase opportunities by brand incl risk analysis
- Customer experience as National Account Manager or equivalent/Commercial Strategy essential
- Strong commercial acumen and strategic agility
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.