|Location: Derby, Derby, England||Salary: £350 - £400 per day|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Hannah Baker||Job Published: 25 days ago|
Contract - Nights
£400 a night
Commissioning Engineer needed for a well-known technology and lighting consultancy organisation based in Derby. They are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Commissioning Engineer that takes pride in their work with a strong technology background and knowledge of highways technology.
The successful candidate must hold an ECS certificate and be competence in fault finding as well as having a background in highways technology maintenance.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Commissioning Engineer will include:
- Being based on site as part of the smart motorway technology commissioning team at variable locations around the northwest of England.
- Your work will entail the commissioning and testing of roadside motorway technology for smart motorways and form part of an industry leading team.
- There will be a requirement to work remotely and often autonomously but appropriate support and training where required by a close-knit team.
What experience you need to be the successful Commissioning Engineer:
- A good working knowledge of the smart motorway roadside infrastructure, ideally in a commissioning capacity.
- Experienced in the testing and or witnessing of Roadside Technology devices such as signs, signals, detection systems etc.
- Knowledge of the NRTS transmission systems and end device configuration such that 'systems' communicate to the relevant Regional Operations Centre.
- Good understanding of CDM 2015, health & safety management, quality and environmental standards.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply engineering principles to commissioning problems and the ability to act fast for their rectification.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Commissioning Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.