|Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire||Salary: £40.00 - £45.00 per hour|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Matt Henocq|
Communications and Public Affairs Manager - Oncology
Responsible for development, implementation & execution of CPA strategic & tactical plans for defined TAs that drive business & enterprise growth & that build, develop, enhance & protect Janssen's reputation.
Role supports my clients EMEA region & Op Cos in delivery of their objectives & priorities in the region.
- Development & delivery of regional external communications strategy for dedicated therapeutic areas (TA) including media relations, digital communications & thought leadership strategies in alignment with my clients EMEA business objectives. advising, inspiring & guiding local Op Cos' communication teams & local TA/product country value team (CVT) leaders in appropriate implementation of local TA & brand communication strategies.
- Contributing to a high-performing & motivated regional OpCo TA communication network that delivers for the Enterprise & our their TA business priorities.
- Builds the TA voice & presence across the region in collaboration with TA Steering Team & Commercial Strategy leads.
- Ensures smooth roll out across region via countries & at congresses etc.
- Develop strong relationship with key TA specific internal & external networks to gain deep insights & knowledge about specific TA/product environment, including competitive environment, opportunities & possible threats or weakness, drive key business & reputation outcomes & shape the environment for the company's medicines & solutions.
- Develop & strengthen relationships with & serve as trusted communication advisor to TA regional Integrated Brand Value Team (IBVT); serve as Communication voice with leadership on business decisions & critical issues/crises.
- Key contributor to IBVTs for dedicated brands, shape business planning cycle & ensure patient centric approach in all activities.
- Proactively oversees evaluation & coordination of media campaigns to ensure share of voice for our brands.
- Acts as point of contact with media & liaises & collaborates with my clients media & investor relations colleagues.
- Promote visibility of Janssen TA senior leaders by identifying opportunities for participating in high profile external & internal events.
- Drive Enterprise & business unit growth & build stakeholder trust/advocacy.
- Develop & implement strategic, state-of-the-art communication plans for a select number of TAs & products aligning with a changing business environment & product prioritization using Brand Archetyping Model, in collaboration with the IBVT, local Op Cos & aligned with GCPA goals & strategies.
- Actively lead with credibility & commitment towards building strong internal & external stakeholder relationships to achieve key outcomes for the business & the enterprise reputation.
- Ensure regional public relations plans leverage approaches developed globally or for other markets.
Experience & functional competencies:
- Proven performer with 8+ years of experience managing both internal & external communication in a company, NGO, government agency or public relations agency with proven experience in healthcare sector related public relations/public affairs/communications.
- Understanding of pharmaceutical R&D, regulatory processes & healthcare compliance regulations.
- Significant communication experience at either local (country) &/or regional level.
- Understanding & use of various media (video, Web, digital, etc.) to support an integrated approach to developing & managing content.
- Deep understanding of traffic/engagement drivers/metrics & analytics to facilitate measurement of success.
- Strong analytical, strategic-thinking & problem-solving capabilities, with ability to distil technical information into stories for a variety of audiences.
- Highly developed interpersonal & influencing skills.
- Comfortable working with people at all levels in organisation & from different nationalities & cultures.
- Able to think creatively & strategically they will be able to manage multiple projects to successful conclusion.
- Broad experience in healthcare sector crisis/issues management.
- Broad experience dealing with national, local & international lay, professional/trade & social media.
- Strategic thinking, analytical ability & good sense of execution.
- Experience in managing budgets & resource allocation across large critical projects.
- Exercise high level of independent judgment even in challenging, complex situations.
- Good ability for decision-making, problem solving & independent judgment.
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing). (Passive understanding of) 2 other European languages is a plus.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.