|Location: Cambridgeshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Aaron Stone||Job Published: 23 days ago|
Configuration Administrator needed for a globally leading Defence/Electronics organisation based in Cambridgeshire. The company is looking to employ a Configuration Administrator who can support the engineering teams in maintaining the Configuration Management processes to ensure that they meet the needs of the business. This will involve undertaking review, control and electronic filing of data, assisting with administrative tasks within the mechanical and CM team environment.
The successful Configuration Administrator will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Competitive Salary
* 25 day's Holiday
* Annual Bonus
* 5% Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Private Health Care
* Dental Care
* And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Configuration Administrator will include:
* Configuration management - identification and recording attributes in the Configuration Management Data Base
* Act as the first point of escalation for database support to the 24x7 operation of the production environment ensuring that Service Delivery meets the required standard.
* Administration - provide technical and configuration administrative support to the Engineering Department. Maintaining tasks as defined by the Configuration Manager. Ensuring that process documents such as Permits/Concessions, etc are processed and distributed throughout the company with full traceability.
* Monitoring of Configuration items - ensuring changes are recorded in the configuration management database. To verify and check configured items and support the auditing of the information and data management.
* Configuration management - controls to ensure that only authorized configuration items are added, removed or changed.
* Support to Projects - Project CM administrative tasks as required.
* Interface with the Engineering Managers, Technical Leads and the Office of Airworthiness - to ensure key artefacts required are controlled and supporting the change management system including ERP PMF and BOM data entry, and PLM/PDM data management.
What you need to be the successful Configuration Administrator:
In order to be the successful Configuration Administrator and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Good Communication, Telephone and Presentation skills
* Good attention to detail
* Experience with MS Windows, MS Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Experience with Data Bases/Excel
* General GCSE academic qualification, English, Maths and Science and Further Education (Technical) such as BTEC/NVQ/HNC
* Able to work well under pressure
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Configuration Administrator to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!