|Location: Newport||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Scott||Job Published: 27 days ago|
Newport, Crewe and Sunderland
Configuration Manager needed for a multinational Defence and Security organisation with offices in Newport, Crewe and Sunderland who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Configuration Manager to play a key role in being responsible for all configuration management processes across their engineering team.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Configuration Manager will include:
- Responsibility and accountability for Configuration Management (CM) that spans the whole product lifecycle and references industry best practice.
- Responsibility for implementation, rollout, support and governance of Configuration Management technical solution (Teamcenter); defining operating processes and procedures.
- Conducting CM Reviews to include, but not limited to, requirements, Configuration Change Management (CCM) process adherence.
- Continuous Improvement activities to existing CM processes and toolset.
- Production & delivery of CM training and training material.
- Working closely with the Principal Engineer Governance and Assurance (G&A) to ensure all aspects of CM are considered in the G&A program.
- Establish and communicate the goals and objectives of Configuration Management.
- People management of the CM Team.
- Lead & support the training & personal development of each member of the CM Team.
What experience you need to be the successful Configuration Manager:
- HNC/HND or equivalent in relevant discipline (engineering) or relevant experience.
- Fully conversant with a PLM (Project Lifecycle Management) Software.
- Proven experience in an engineering role.
- Project Lifecycle Management Experience.
- Proven experience leading teams, managing individuals and managing targets and deadlines.
- Fully conversant with Team Center PLM Software.
- Proven experience in the implementation and roll out of an Enterprise-wide Configuration Management solution (ideally Team Centre 11).
- Be fully conversant in SAP ERP System.
- Team Management experience.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Configuration Manager to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.