|Location: Macclesfield||Salary: £18 - £24 per hour|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Simon Cowley|
The company is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical company where we not only focus on the discovery, development and delivery of life-saving medicines to our patients but believe in sustainability and are determined to minimise the impact of our work on the environment. We are proud to be a great place to work and have a culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. We empower our colleagues to express diverse perspectives and at the same time feel valued, respected and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
In Chemical Development we believe that nothing is impossible, and we are determined to push the boundaries of science to deliver medicines to our patients. We combine people's technical knowledge and understanding with their talent and drive to design, develop and optimise synthetic routes and processes that deliver the active pharmaceutical ingredients of our medicines in a sustainable, commercially viable way. We believe in innovation and continuous improvement, working closely with colleagues in academia and across industry, to ensure that we apply the newest technologies and principles in the processes we develop.
We now have exciting opportunities for Contract Process Chemists in our growing process chemistry development teams. The responsibilities and requirements of the position are outlined below.
As a process chemist working closely with analytical chemists, engineers, project managers and other scientists, you will contribute to pharmaceutical development programmes, supporting project progression through late clinical development and launch. You will:
- Design and implement new chemical routes and processes suitable for scale-up, with a focus on process understanding.
- Be responsible for optimising chemical manufacturing processes taking consideration of speed, quality, cost, sustainability, reproducibility and efficiency
- Collaborate closely with other scientists to contribute to the development of new medicines.
- Assess and manage process risks arising from scale, equipment or process changes.
- Support problem solving when development or manufacturing issues arise.
- May also work with third party organisations to develop and manufacture API processes.
- A PhD in Organic Chemistry, or BSc/MSc with relevant industrial experience to an equivalent level
- Substantial experience in practical organic synthesis
- An excellent understanding of synthetic reagents and methodologies, reaction mechanisms and modern analytical techniques
- Lab-based pharmaceutical industry and/or process development experience, using a broad range of practical techniques
- The ability to develop and analyse multiple solutions to problems
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.