|Location: New Malden||Salary: + Benefits|
|Sector: Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Control Systems - Software Engineer (x4)
Excellent Salary on offer, please get in touch for details.
South West London - near Wimbledon / Sutton / Epsom
These 4 new positions are in a Software Team that is part of a Control Systems group that work within the wider Engineering department. The Software team provides software design and development expertise for maritime control and instrumentation systems throughout the whole product lifecycle.
These roles will deliver software artefacts associated with industrial networking and communications whilst working to a full software development lifecycle through process and procedural activities.
- Write Functional and Design specification for all aspects of code development
- Implement clear, easy to maintain, high quality code that is optimized for performance.
- Capture, interpret and develop customer requirements.
- Report task status to the Lead Software Engineer and the project management team.
- Assist in the production of robust development lifecycles and suitable workflows and for both Software and Hardware architectures.
- Produce technical and detailed design documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures.
- Specify, design and de-risk solutions for Industrial networking hardware such as switches, gateways and interface convertors.
- Develop and integrate industrial communications using industrial fieldbus technology.
- Implement data communications with third party equipment.
- Validate software concept designs through analysis and de-risking test.
- Provide SME support to engineering teams as required.
- Work with subcontractors to investigate and develop solutions.
- Be aware of and comply with company standards of conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
- Carry out any other reasonable management request.
- Conduct / support Factory Acceptance Tests with sub suppliers and customers.
- Design and integration of PLC & SCADA Control Systems.
- An understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection Model (OSI).
- Experienced in the development and implementation of Industrial Communication protocols including but not limited to: Profibus, Profinet, Profisafe, Ethernet/IP, Modbus, TCP/IP, UDP, OPC (DA/UA).
- Experienced in the development and integration of serial data communications such as: RS232, RS422 and RS485.
- An understanding of Industrial Communication standards such as: IEC61158, 61784, 61850
- Experienced in the implementation of networking technologies such as but not limited:
- Layers 2 & 3 management.
- Transport Layer Security.
- Simple Network Management Protocol.
- Have an understanding of Secure & Safe data communications with experience of Black Channel communications
- Experience with unit test frameworks.
- Experience of Software Configuration Management and version control.
- Systems design and programming experience.
- Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering or a related discipline e.g. Control Systems Engineering, Systems Engineering.
- Strong IT skills, in particular with MS Office products.
- British national and UK citizen. Able to obtain Security Clearance (SC).
Desirable experience (not essential)
- Experienced in design and integration of Programmable Logic Controllers - PLCs (Rockwell and Siemens).
- Design and integration of Large scale SCADA systems.
- Specification and analysis of COTS equipment.
- Experience with Object oriented programming languages like C++,C#, JAVA
- Siemens WinCC OA (Open Architecture) development experience.
- Understanding of IEC 61131.
- Understanding of Functional Safety (BS EN 61508, 61511 or 62061).
- Software testing and verification.
- Experience within defence, maritime, aerospace, or a similarly regulated industrial sector.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.