|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £24000 - £28000|
|Sector: Financial Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Ben Abbott|
12 Month FTC
Essex, Commutable from, Basildon, South End, Chelmsford, Colchester, Romford etc
Credit Controller needed for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
You will be responsible for the day to day operations of Credit Management and Accounts Receivable. Emphasis will be on delivering high quality Credit Management services in line with our company values of Integrity, Excellence throughout, Customer first and Agility whilst ensuring that group policies and guidelines are adhered to, enhancing process efficiencies and control effectiveness through monitoring and analysis.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Credit Controller will include:
* To assist in reducing all aspects of the Groups Credit Risk.
* Support the Group Credit Manager ensuring the function operates within the financial control and procedures set by the Group policies.
* Proactively chase external customers and escalate any concerns and risks to the Group Credit Managers.
* Monitor and maintain the debtor days and % of overdue for debtor ledgers for specific companies within corporate targets.
* Support the Group Credit Manager by providing cost efficient, timely and accurate reports, ensuring compliance with all internal and external audit, tax and legal requirements.
* Proactively manage daily, weekly and monthly tasks as outlined in the Group Credit Management Team's task list.
* Operate within the financial controls and procedures set by the Group at all times.
* Undertake ad-hoc assignments as may be required.
* Develop effective relationships with internal and external customers, reporting lines, external bodies and colleagues across the organisation and provide assistance and support when required.
* To be an active member of the Finance team.
What experience you need to be the successful Credit Controller:
Essential Experience / Competencies
* credit control experience is essential
* experience of an ERP system - preferably SAP
* strong team player with a flexible and can do approach
* knowledge of End to End Sales, Delivery, Collection process
* excellent written and verbal skills
* familiarity with Microsoft applications such as work and excel at an intermediate level
Desired Experience / Competencies
* manufacturing experience would be an advantage
* persistent and results driven
* credit management qualification or a minimum of 2 years experience in a medium to large organisation would be an advantage
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Credit Controller to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.