|Location: Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Scott||Job Published: 14 days ago|
Cyber Security Engineer
Cyber Security Engineer needed for a multinational organisation based in Dorset who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Cyber Security Engineer to work on interesting and dynamic projects, influencing the design, development and supply of leading complex systems across the latest projects.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Cyber Security Engineer will include:
- Providing advice on Information System (Product) Security matters for programmes to Engineering Managers and Technical Authorities as required to internal and external customers
- Contributing and influencing development and maintenance of Product Security (PSEC) strategies, policies, guidance and awareness
- Gaining sufficient understanding of a system, its concept of use and architectures provide accurate assessments of a product security threats, potential avenues of attack, and or compliance to standards and best practice
- Ensuring that Product Security analysis of a project, system or equipment, is delivered and is managed using recognised risk analysis techniques and documentation
- Present risks and proposed controls to internal and external stakeholders, to achieve agreement and buy-in
- Represent the Product Security group at Design Reviews and working groups to ensure that Product Security is appropriately considered at each stage of the design lifecycle
- Support the management and planning of specialist activities and work packages and managing PSEC tools and applications.
What experience you need to be the successful Cyber Security Engineer:
- Strong background in IT and information systems, architectures, and or applications development, implementation and through life management
- Knowledge of configuration control and change
- Understanding of the engineering lifecycle phase
- Awareness of Safety Health and Environment matters
- Previous Technical leadership and coaching/mentoring others.
Other desirable skills needed for the position of Cyber Security Engineer include:
- Strong Knowledge of Information/IT Security activities within the defence sector, or closely linked domain (e.g. JSPs, SCIDA, IS1&2, Standards, RMADS)
- Ideally you will have a recognised Cyber Security Qualification (CISSP, CISM, CCP, and CEH) and/or ICT or Information System Qualifications (e.g. ITIL, CCNP)
- MSc or BSc in computer science, technology or security subject
- Membership of Professional Body (e.g. IET, ISC2. BCS, )
- Project Management Qualification (PMP, PRINCE)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Cyber Security Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.