|Location: North London, London||Salary: + Overtime + Shift Allowance|
|Sector: Utilities & Infrastructure, Highways & Highways Electricals||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 23 days ago|
Job Title: Data Comms Engineer - Highways
Location: North London
Salary: Dependent Upon Experience + Vehicle + Shift Allowance + Overtime (opportunity to earn an extra £8-10k on top of salary)
Key Skills: Data Comms, Fibre, Copper, Networks, Highways, Test, Installation, Maintenance, Alcatel, BT, Fujitsu, Electronics, NHSS8, Sector 8, Cabinets, Chambers, Commissioning, QEHS, Schematics, Splicing
An experienced Data Comms Engineer is required to play a key role in the provision and undertaking of commissioning, testing, installation and maintenance of fibre and Copper networks across the highways network. You will be charged with working on equipment with the likes of Alcatel, BT, Nokia and Fujitsu; and be required to work both days and nights, at times away from home.
So, what will you be doing as a Data Comms Engineer?
- You will be maintaining various motorway comms equipment including CCTV, overheard signage, Automated Message Systems (VMS), ERT etc.
- Attending cable breaks and repair breaks on copper and fibre cables within transmission building or roadside cabinets (Day or Night)
- Maintenance and Commissioning of equipment and testing on all fibre and copper (armoured/un-armoured) INT/EXT cables, equipment and cabling
- Manual trenching cable laying when required
- Production of detailed manual reports when required to do so
- To ensure all work undertaken is do so in accordance with set QEHS processes
- Reporting of QEHS issues if required in an efficient and timely manner
What are we looking for in our next Data Comms Engineer?
- Hold a B/TEC / ONC (Ordinary National Certificate) in electronics/telecommunications engineering OR extensive experience working on motorway communications or closely related equipment/systems
- Possess working experience of transmission equipment - BT (roadside experience ideal), Fujitsu, Nokia, Alcatel
- Previous experience working on networks, FDH, using crimping tools, tracing faults
- Possess working experience in the carrying out of fibre splicing and copper jointing
- Have experience working on the roadside, within cabinets and chambers
- Have experience and a good understanding of installation drawings and schematics
- Have experience in the use of fibre test equipment Power Meters, OTDR, Light Pen etc
- Hold National Highways Sector Scheme 8 accreditation (NHSS8) and G39 or equivalent
- Hold a Full Driving licence
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Data Comms Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Data Comms Engineer, hit that apply button now!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.