|Location: East London||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Walmisley||Job Published: 26 days ago|
If you are a strong Data Engineer, with experience working with Python, R and SQL then this role is ideal. I am working with a large organisation that are market leaders in their respected field. This role will report in to the Chief Data Architect playing a vital role in the continual development of analystics and digital transformation.
- You will be working alongside our experts to analyse data workflows and develop the database and dynamic data-driven improvements.
- You will be responsible for developing and implementing technologies and efficient workflows to identify, extract, transform, load, manipulate, manage, explore, analyse, report, and visualise data.
- This role forms a key part of the digitalisation programme.
- You are likely to be educated to a degree level in either computer science, data science or similar.
- You will be experienced at working with data, data processes, software and databases.
- Advanced problem-solving skills, especially focused on finding new solutions to data identification, ingestion, consistency, loading, and output problems
- Active interest in the latest technology and open source trends
- Advanced skills in Python or similar general purpose programming and scripting languages
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including VBA
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Working knowledge of data loading and ETL
- Working knowledge of OCR
- Working knowledge of PDF page description and common image formats
- Familiarity with data extraction techniques from a variety of file types
- Proficiency to design, build, test and support innovation solutions
- The ability to define and manage project deadlines
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- An enthusiastic attitude towards learning and flexibility to adapt to new challenges or changes in direction
The following skills may also be beneficial:
- Machine learning techniques including NLP, NER, and computer vision
- Other programming languages such as Java
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure configuration and native technologies
- Agile methodologies and tools
This is a great opportunity for a Data Engineer to join an organisation and professionally develop your career. There is also a highly attractive bonus scheme, with the chance to work remotely and among some of the best experts in the industry.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.