|Location: London||Salary: £70000 - £80000 per annum + benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Francis|
- 25 Days Paid holiday + Moving day and Wedding day
- £50 per month to be used on anything you wish - Coffee subscription, Gym membership, Professional development, Meditation classes or even your Spotify subscription!
- Option to own shares at an early stage through our EMI Scheme
- Private Medical & Dental cover for all employees
- Regular team drinks
- Hybrid working model
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Online learning platform
- Competitive maternity and paternity leave
My client is looking for a hands-on Data Engineer, with strong data design / architect skills to help deliver data vision and strategy. The role of Azure Data Engineer is central to the ability of our company to deliver high quality information for both internal and external consumption. You will be responsible for helping us to source, process, and assimilate complex data, from within the enterprise and beyond as our platform and business scales. With a real enthusiasm for working at a scaleup, you will bring your knowledge and experience to impact on how we develop the data strategy and grow the data team.
The ideal Data Engineer, must have the ability to produce innovative strategic data roadmaps, communicate the approach effectively to senior stakeholders and balance delivery of early business value with strategic innovation. Proven ability for driving business value through adoption of the appropriate data architectures.
Their platform is built on Microsoft Azure infrastructure using a micro-services architecture and Azure SQL and Cosmos daytabases.
What you'll do as a Data Engineer:
- Produce innovative strategic data roadmaps, communicate the approach effectively to senior stakeholders and balance delivery of early business value with strategic innovation.
- Create the organisational framework, aligned with business processes, that will standardise the process of data collection, storage, transformation, distribution, and usage - considering our need to secure sensitive data, while also making the most relevant pieces accessible by authorised people at the right time.
- Convert business needs into data and system requirements, align business processes with IT systems, and manage the complex flow of data and information within the organisation.
- Develop both the high-quality design and deliver the hands on modelling, ETL and development work.
- Deeply understand our product, its diverse users, and the needs of the business, to help shape the future direction of the overall data architecture
- Lead data governance and the enforcement of data architecture standards
- Design and query database tables, views, functions, stored procedures and ETL batch processes.
- Continually learn relevant and innovative technologies/techniques that benefit the business and understand how to apply them.
- Design and the creation of a data management layer to standardise and catalogue data
- The design and build of additional value propositions around the data we collect using advanced ML/AL data mining technologies and data driven concepts.
Who you are as a Data Engineer:
- Experience with private and public cloud architectures, pros/cons, and migration considerations
- A strong technical and commercial background in Data Architecture with experience on similar projects, ideally within finance, fintech and SaaS (Software as a Service).
- Experience the design and build of data platforms using a cloud-based technology (Azure, Snowflake, Dremio, Event Sourcing)
- Experience implementing data pipelines using latest technologies and techniques
- At least 12 months service delivery experience on Azure
- Understanding and implementation of data security
- Experience working collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams with a strong applied understanding of agile and lean methodologies.
- Experience handling Structured and unstructured datasets
- Expert in USQL, R, Python, Spark, SQL, Unix shell/Perl
- Experience in Data Modelling and Advanced SQL techniques
- Understanding of predictive modelling, NLP and text analysis, and Machine Learning
- Cloud migration methodologies and processes including tools like Azure Data Factory, Event Hub.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English
If this sounds of interest, then please apply for more information
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.