|Location: Crawley, West Sussex||Salary: £300 - £400 per day|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sam Francis|
- Deliver technical consultancy services to clients including reports, reviews, analysis and research
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant technologies, standards, specifications and industry trends especially in spatial data infrastructures, data science, Web Services and specialist GIS technologies.
- Undertake the analysis of technical documentation including research papers and or standards and producing summary reports, comment, conclusions and proposed actions for customers.
- Provide advice and expertise to customers with respect to some or all spatial data infrastructures, data science, Web Services and specialist GIS technologies.
- Proficiency in the creation of automated deployment pipelines using deployment automation tools, such as Terraform
- Proficiency in several technologies, including Python and ideally Scala
- Experience in data modelling and databases, also ETL tools
- Experience in data analysis and transformation
- 2+ years' experience in Software or Systems Engineering
- Experience with client relationships
- Preferably holds a UK Security Clearance
- Experience in Big Data technologies (e.g. Nifi, Kafka, Hadoop, HBase)
- Knowledge of geospatial techniques, architectures and data types
- Proven capability in systems design and development
- Project management experience
- Proposal development experience
You Will Also Have:
- Great communication skills, both in spoken and written English
- Know how to talk to both technical and non-technical people
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You'll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least five years.
There will be occasional travel within this role.
- Competitive Pay
- A great benefits package including medical & life insurance, attractive company pension
- 25 days holidays, company bonus scheme, & subsidised gym membership
- A casual work environment with flexible hours - you tell us how you work best including the ability to work from home.
- Regular social events including "first of the month" drinks
- Employee recognition awards & your birthday as holiday!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.