|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
Are you a dynamic data scientist looking to grow further in your career?
As an organisation, they demand constant innovation, and have an immediate opportunity for a creative and focused Data Scientist to join thier team in Cheltenham.
With a main focus across Big Data analysis, your experience will cover problem solving as well as exposure to a number of combined technologies, from software languages to algorithms, visualisation technologies and Amazon AWS data technologies.
My client are a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber, C4ISR, strike, and logistics and modernisation to customers worldwide. In Europe, they are among the top tier defence and security suppliers with 2,500 employees and long-established businesses in the UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Netherlands.
They are involved in a range of future game-changing programmes. Whether this is as a partner in the F-35 Lightning II providing the aircraft with its situational awareness and communications, as a specialist in cyber and intelligence datasets, as the pre-eminent provider of High Altitude Long Endurance unmanned aircraft, or as the 'go to' provider for open system architectures for battlespace networks, communications, and command and control, our reputation as an innovator in unparalleled.
- Be resilient and determined despite obstacles, uncertainty and rapidly changing requirements.
- Have good communication and social skills in order to meet the needs of a wide range of external and internal service clients and to develop an effective working relationship with our partners and customer.
- Have a solid grasp of implementing Agile methodology and ways of working.
- Have expertise in at least one of the following areas: statistics, maths or computer science.
- Use a combined knowledge of computer science and applications, modelling, statistics, analytics and maths to tackle problems;
- Working knowledge of R,SAS, Scala, Java, Python and SQL, with knowledge of C/C++, Perl and Ruby being desirable.
- Able to use Amazon AWS data technologies, specifically: Data Pipeline, EC2, EMR, SNS, SQS, DynamoDV, Lambaand Kinesis.
- To have a high proficiency with ApacheSpark and Scala.
- Experience with MongoDB and other persistence stores (for example Elastic, HBase, Accumulo).
- Exposure to visualisation technologies such as D3 to deliver data products and reporting tools.
- Experience directing a team and lead others in a professional environment when required.
- Exposure to the defence, intelligence and security domain.
- Ability to work without supervision and to organize, prioritise, delegate and complete multiple tasks on an ongoing basis;
- Knowledge of sckit-learn and machine learning technologies;
- An innovative and problem solving mind with the ability to creatively tackle problems using problem decomposition techniques.
- Applicants must be able to hold and maintain UK Government clearances