|Location: Bristol||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Tiernan Murray||Job Published: 8 days ago|
A Database Administrator is needed for a respected and highly reputable Defence organisation based in Bristol who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Database Administrator that takes pride in their work and experience with developing/ running data warehouses, SQL and operating systems.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Database Administrator will include:
- Management and administration of existing production and non-production database environments
- Production support and management of associated system components
- Perform database design, modification, development, security, backup, tuning, and maintenance activities
- Analyze and resolve application performance issues in coordination with customers and other Database Administrators (DBA)
- Ensuring integration of SOW requirements and project plans between major project activities
- Documenting processes and procedures and ensuring compliance with Boeing and partner database standards, practices and methodologies inclusive of security, hardware, software, and configuration management.
What experience you need to be the successful Database Administrator:
- In-depth experience in developing and running a data warehouse, tasks including tracking data changes, migration, archiving and monitoring data systems.
- Experience in PostgreSQL and Oracle database stacks.
- Experience in applying security at different levels and set schema permissions
- Audit logins & database users, schema permissions and configuring database alerts
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux/Windows operating system internals including shell scripting
- Knowledge of database Backup/Recovery techniques including database clustering techniques on varied database technologies
- Knowledge of management of dimensional models, SQL scripting (preferably in DBT)
- Experience using ER Studio modeling tool
- Knowledge of using Splunk to monitor, audit logins & database users and to configure database alerts
- Familiarity with tools like Jira, Github and Kanban boards
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Database Administrator to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Database Administrator position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.