|Location: Swaffham, Norfolk||Salary: £42000 - £47500 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Database Administrator needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a globally recognised leading defence company who are working on an exciting project for the MoD starting January 2018!
Must HOLD or be eligible for DV (Developed Vetting) clearance.
This is a 30-month fixed term contract working on a project for the RAF starting from January 2018.
Purpose of the Database Administrator:
Database Administrator for an operating unit, responsible for ensuring the integrity of all the databases within the system.
Some of the main duties the Database Administrator will include:
- The Database Administrator maintains the internal database of the system as well as the individual applications.
- The Database Administrator works closely with the System Administrator to carry out and sustain system-wide backups and restores.
- The Database Administrator will provide maintenance of databases to include the following: backups, disaster recovery, database support (status checks, Oracle critical patch updates).
What you need to be the successful Database Administrator:
- Must be capable of obtaining a UK Developed Vetting Security Clearance
- Certified in Security+
- Demonstrated database administration skills, to include:
- Experience with importing large data volumes and managing large Oracle and SQLServer databases, be able to execute and troubleshoot database SQL scripts and report/correct finding and issues to the development team.
- Database backups for Disaster Recovery preparation and maintenance on the Oracle databases. Scripts to perform Level 0 and delta (Level 1) backups, full logical export of all database data that collects snapshots of parameter files and checks database for logical and physical corruption
- Database restoration for disaster recovery from most current backups
Status check scripts to troubleshoot database issues by pulling status of every database on the server, status of the database listener, and provide database system file tampering notification
- Manually install Oracle Critical Patch Updates
- Reviewing V$ tables and DBA views for any issues that may arise
- Locate user session data via the command line
- Performance tuning utilizing SQL commands (without using Oracle Enterprise Manager)
Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) experience for backup and recovery to include hot and cold backups.
- Understanding of SQL/PL-SQL language and be able to execute.
- Demonstrated system administration skills, to include:
- Setting up configuring and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Storage Area Network (SAN) Fabric architecture (Zoning, logical unit number (LUN) Masking, and host bus adapter (HBA) Hardware.
- Setting up configuring and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Internet Protocol (IP) Switch Fabric architecture (Routing, Fail Over, etc), Working knowledge of Networked Attached Storage (NAS) and supported protocols.
Strong Working knowledge of SSL/VPN security architecture with integration into multi-layered Firewall architecture.
- COTS/developed software skills
- Software Engineering background and experience
- Completed SSBI within the last 5 years
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Database Administrator to work for a very exciting project on behalf of the RAF.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.