|Location: London||Salary: £550 - £625 per day|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Mark Crorkin||Job Published: 14 days ago|
Database Developer required on a contract basis who can develop and implement high quality solutions to challenging problems. As the Database Developer you'll be working with distributed Agile teams based out of either US or UK (London) developing a suite of applications for Asset Management Group Technology. These systems are the backbone of the bank and we manage the requirements, develop, test, release and provide level 3 production support.
The successful Database Developer will need at least 5 years experience of PostgreSQL RDBMS, Oracle RDBMS with any of 11g / 12c / 18c / 19c a benefit and understanding of Database design techniques and best practices. It would be beneficial if you have a background in Financial Services (Accounting or Trading Systems)
Some of the responsibilities of the Database Developer will be:
- design, develop and be able to do enhancements of the functionality following team's vision
- able to collaborate and communicate to team members
- able to work with end users to help shape solutions that meet their needs
- promote best practice and contribute to the continuous improvement of the platform
Your expertise as a Database Developer will need to cover:
- MS Azure PostgreSQL and Oracle DBA & Development
- SQL development (PostgreSQL & Oracle), DDL, DML, functions, cursors, triggers etc.
- DBA experience for HADR, performance tuning etc.
- Experience with bulk / batch processing and ETL Process
- Database migration experience a benefit
- strong knowledge and experience writing complex SQL
- strong knowledge and experience writing Oracle / PostgreSQL PL/SQL packages, functions, cursors, triggers
- some knowledge/experience with Cosmos database a benefit
This is a really exciting role for an experience Database Developer to progress their career with a big name in the financial sector. Please get in touch right away to register your interest in this position, or hit apply.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.