|Location: Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire||Salary: £45000 - £60000 per annum + Pension & Healthcare|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Daniel Bowles|
Design Engineer with Team Leader experience needed for my client, a world leader in designing, developing and manufacturing cabin interior products and services that deliver innovation, reliability and efficiency. They are looking to employ an experienced Design Engineer with experience using CAD Design and Digital Mock Ups.
The successful Design Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits that could include the following:
£45,000 - £60,000, depending on skills and experience
Life and accident insurance
Business travel accident insurance
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Design Engineer Leader will include:
* Building, leading and developing a team of Design Engineers with an appropriate mix of skills to deliver the engineering solution
* Providing technical leadership and direction to the team
* Defining, delegating and reporting status of the Work Breakdown Structure
* Organising and participating in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the New Product Introduction process. Ensure that all necessary follow up actions are taken
* Maintaining the engineering quality and integrity of the work produced
* Leading and managing the Design input into all the customer meetings such as Initial Technical Coordination Meeting.
* Cost and weight targets must be monitored, managed and met
* Team Leaders will be expected to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and suppliers and to manage data transfer
* Contributing to and providing assistance in the preparation of sales bids
What you need to be the successful Design Engineer:
In order to be the successful Design Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally have the following:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
* Good team working skills
* The ability to work with a low level of supervision and intervention
* Sufficient engineering capability and experience to create effective engineered solutions based on interior design experience of Aircraft Galleys, Crew rests and other related monuments
* Competent user of the incumbent CAD and data management systems
* Previous experience of using Unigraphics or Catia v5.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Design Engineer who has previous Team Leader or Management experience to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.