|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £45000 - £48000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matt Henocq|
My client has the an opportunity for a Microwave/Magnetron Design Engineer to join the RF power division of their company. They are an internation company developing components used in the medical, aerospace, defence and automotive industries.
As part of the team you will design magnetron devices and other related microwave devices, apply CAE tools in device design and ensure propt and robust resolution of design, contruction and performance issues in suppot of the product and project managers.
- Review customer & stakeholder specifications & requirements. Prepares technical responses on feasibility and statement of compliance
- Define and document the electronic architecture of the device balancing competing performance, commercial and manufacturing requirements are met.
- Ensures the critical to quality features of the design are determined including materials, critical tolerances and sensitivities.
- Define design failure mechanisms using a structured approach DFMEA.
- Define requirements for product such as test equipment and protection.
- Define test and characterisation requirements to evaluate the performance of the new devices and to resolve issues
Qualifications and experience:
- Knowledge of magnetron design including practical experience of architecture, processing & test performance and critical to quality features
- Knowledge of magnetron applications especially industrial heating, radar and radiotherapy systems
- Use of electrical, thermal, microwave test and measurement equipment
- Knowledge of advanced microwave principles,
- Hot test experience (performance evaluation),
- Working knowledge of available design tools for magnetrons including CAE for design and analysis
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.