|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £50000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + Car Allowance + Excellent Package!|
|Sector: Design||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Paul Napper||Job Published: 10 days ago|
£50,000 - £65,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Excellent Package
My client which are a top tier main contractor are seeking the profiles of experienced Design Managers and be responsible for delivery on projects up to £50M.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Design Manager to join their team in Bristol working in a challenging design environment.
They provide great personal development investing in training, mentoring and recognition.
Projects include: high rise residential, new build schools, student, leisure, healthcare and commercial.
Design Manager Specification:
Design Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage the design process of a project from tender through to completion
- Work effectively as an essential participant of the tender and construction delivery team
- Demonstrating effective leadership qualities to encourage effective design team and construction team co-ordination and collaborative working to deliver the Project goals.
- Co-ordinate the whole design process, managing change, information approvals and working closely with the client, employer's representatives, design team and legislative bodies.
- The candidate will normally be site based and work within a project team of up to 15 people, led by a project manager and responsible for leading the development of all design disciplines.
- The role will operate out of our regional office in Bristol working on sites throughout the Western region.
- Organising and chairing design co-ordination and design progress meetings with the design team
- Ensuring that design risk assessments are produced
- Understanding the project requirements including Client brief and Employer Requirements.
- Identifying how to improve safety, quality, reduce defects, and provide best value compliant solutions.
- Reporting to the Project Manager
- Assist with bid writing, review and preparation of tender presentations and submission.
- Identifying, managing and mitigating design risk as part of the team.
- Arrange design audits/compliance checks if required.
- Ensuring designs are developed in line with the commercial objectives and contract requirements.
- Preparing and reach agreement to the Design Management Plan and BIM Execution Plan.
- Managing the document control process.
- Responsibility for the management of the design through preconstruction and construction stages
Design Manager Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Learn, improve and share knowledge and experience.
- A good commercial understanding of contracts, procurement routes and risk management.
- Good collaborative planning skills.
- Understanding of 3D design and BIM
- Excellent communication skills
- A wide and varied experience of the construction process through concept and detailed design to practical construction stage and delivery.
- Degree qualification or equivalent and CIOB or equivalent is preferable.
- Experience of consistent design and quality requirements with buildability