|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: £36000 - £41000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 10 days ago|
Design Support Engineer
Design Support Engineer needed for a leading defence engineering organisation based in Portsmouth.
The successful Candidate would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. We are seeking a Design Support engineer with previous experience within design engineering - electrical, mechanical & structural. This varied and autonomous role will require you to be the main point of contact for Engineering Services support, dealing with an increasing volume of post design tasks. You will be liaising with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders across the UK and internationally.
What the role of the Design Support Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Design Support Engineer will include:
- Co-ordinating the creation of Installation/Design Solutions & their implementation
- Visiting Platforms to investigate the scope of Tasks, undertake design investigations (information gathering) and validation of design solution. Coordinate the interaction with Engineering Services in the production of Design Solution, Technical Investigations & Technical Reports
- Leading the compilation of cost estimates for work associated with design change and completing Tasking form estimates for approval
- Coordinating the support given to the Project by Design Services in support of Tasks and Configuration Control activity
- Leading the Project Design & Engineering Services Business Resource Planning profile - identifying all potential future PDS Tasking that will be passed to Design & Engineering Services
- Organising & chairing the Project Technical Support Meetings on a 1-monthly basis, producing minutes/publishing actions
- Chairing, attending and taking on meetings, progress meetings as required
What experience you need to be the successful Design Support Engineer:
- HNC/HND equivalent qualification or relevant experience
- Broad design engineering experience - electrical, mechanical, structural
- Experience of configuration control procedures and tools
- Ability to read CAD drawings and a good knowledge of CAD packages e.g. AutoCAD etc
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Design Support Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.