|Location: Gloucestershire, England||Salary: £45000 - £57000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
Dev Ops Engineer
What the role entails:
Are you an accomplished DevOps Engineer or Software Developer?
We have an exciting opportunity for Software and DevOps Engineers to be based at our site in Gloucester, although there is an opportunity to conduct much of the work remotely. This role will involve providing ongoing development and support of our Cyber customer's capabilities, which are deployed at a number of customer sites around the UK. You will be an integral member of a small team responsible for maintaining, improving and keeping the live platform fully operational, including new feature development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing a range of software engineering and system administration tasks for an array of programmes, ranging from Cyber Solutions, R&D, Secure Software to Integrated Cyber and Electronic Warfare Solutions. The core responsibilities will be:
* Developing and testing new software features
* Providing server and database administration
* Monitoring the software build and deployment pipelines
* Providing second-line support including troubleshooting and resolving any application issues in a timely manner
* Communicating on a daily basis with key internal stakeholders
As part of our expanding Cyber Works Centre in Gloucester, you will get the opportunity to work within our team of experts; you will work on both small and large-scale, critical and meaningful programmes that really do make a difference to our country's safety.
Join our enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and friendly team, and make your aspirations reality.
As a Dev Ops Engineer your skills and qualifications will include:
* In-depth knowledge of one of our core languages - Java or React
* Experience of relational and non-relational databases (SQL/noSQL)
* Background of software development in a Linux environment
* Experience of DevOps build and dependency management tools
* Appreciation of design patterns and secure coding standards
* Experience of working using an Agile framework
* Knowledge of automated test frameworks
* Experience of Test-Driven Development
* Working knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure Services (AWS)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Dev Ops Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to DV level is required for the Dev Ops Engineer position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.