|Location: London||Salary: Plus Package|
|Sector: Power & Utilities||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Oliver Jones|
Development Director (BESS Sector), London
circa £100,000 plus comp (salary negotiable and dependent on experience)
Our client is focused on acquiring, developing, and operating stand-alone Battery Energy Storage assets in the UK and currently looking to recruit an experienced Development Director with experience within the BESS space.
The overall aim of the role as Development Director will be to implement the short- and long-term strategy of the firms pipeline of developments in the UK.
- Create and share the vision in accordance with the development strategy
- Manage projects from inception to completion, including EPC management
- Lead BESS technology selection process
- Review project documents provided by the EPC Contractor throughout the design & construction process
- Lead technical due diligence of the development work for project acquisition
- Lead the feasibility assessments of development opportunities
- Coordination of pre-commencement statutory consents and site investigation reports
- Assemble a technical team of advisers and manage the external DM team
- Support the negotiation of contracts with EPC contractors & service providers
- Liaise with planning authorities', DNOs and National Grid
- Develop and administer project budget reports, working in cooperation with the finance team
- Prepare and maintain project dashboards, progress reports, and external consultant reports
- Develop and maintain project documentation
- Monitoring of asset performance and reporting on development stage KPIs
- Management of asset manager / O&M provider(s)
- Liaise with internal teams to execute development strategies
- Experience in and clear understanding of the UK BESS market.
- Track record and experience in working with DNOs, TSO, national grid and related service providers.
- Experience in managing and dealing with prominent third-party advisers including EPC contractors & related service providers within the renewable energy / storage industry
- Short and long term strategy development experience within the renewable energy industry with exposure to all stages of the project cycle from concept to completion
- Proven experience in working with Route to Market providers and asset managing the revenue stack
- Strong financial acumen- budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis.
- The vision to see development potential and the initiative to consider alternative approaches and solutions to maximize the value of a development.
- A good understanding of the big picture, including long term market trends, technological developments and the regulatory and financial environments
- Attention to detail, monitoring all aspects of a project's progress against targets and producing comprehensive reports
- A strong sense of tact and diplomacy to deal effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- The ability to act with gravitas and authority when needed, supporting decisions with tangible data
- Excellent interpersonal and personal capabilities with the ability to build strong client relationships
- Negotiation skills
- Commercially minded with a strong sense of professionalism
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.