|Location: Westbury||Salary: £32000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
We have an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to be based at our site in Westbury (Wiltshire) although there is an opportunity to conduct much of the work remotely. This role will involve providing ongoing development and support of the clients TMIS (Training Management Information System) which is deployed at a number of customer sites around the UK and plays a key role in the UKMFTS (UK Military Flight Training System) capability. You will an integral member of a small team responsible for maintaining, improving and keeping the live training platform fully operational.
Note that occasional travel will be required to customer sites across the UK.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing a range of software engineering and system administration tasks for the UKMFTS (UK Military Flying Training System) programme. The core responsibilities will be:
- Developing and testing new software features
- Providing server and database administration
- Monitoring the TMIS software build and deployment pipeline
- Providing second-line support including troubleshooting and resolving any application issues in a timely manner
- Communicating on a daily basis with key internal stakeholders
- Experience in working within an Agile-based DevOps environment
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience of fault finding web-based, database technologies and complimentary operating systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Practical knowledge of Jira
- System and software design (e.g. UML, SysML)
- Expérience in testing systems including web services
- Practical experience in using scripts to automate processes (e.g. Powershell)
- Web Server administration and configuration (e.g. Apache Tomcat, WildFly)
- Practical experience in using the Hibernate framework
- Experience in using and administrating relational databases (e.g. Oracle SQL)
- Regular use of message-based middleware and protocols, e.g. (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, REST, SOAP)
- Experience with Hyper-V and/or VMware
- Practical knowledge of Windows and Windows Server administration
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the DevOps Engineer position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.