|Location: Herefordshire, England||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Mark Crorkin|
The DevOps goal will be to ensure our software solutions are delivered to the customers quickly, safely and cheaply.
The DevOps Engineer will work with the technical teams (including Infrastructure, Production and Support) and the DevOps Lead to provide support and coaching for the continual improvement of DevOps.
This role will focus on creating common tools and process for teams to use, developing DevOps knowledge within the existing business talent to extend DevOps capability and efficacy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of te DevOps Engineer:
- Support the design and implementation of the DevOps Strategy
- Contribute to the implementation of the overall Technical strategy
- Promote secure practices, design and contribute towards the company security strategy.
- Working with development teams to ensure and coach on good engineering practices, including technical and process guidance on CI/CD and toolsets.
- Facilitate a positive culture of open communication and collaborative approach to cross team work on strategy, initiatives and incidents.
- Liaising with Customers to help with their own objectives and/or to demonstrate proficiency.
- Drive efficiency through automation and empowerment within the DevOps operations.
- Ensure systems are accurately and effectively documented, helping to define and encourage appropriate documentation standards throughout the teams.
- Review and adopt industry best practices into existing operations throughout the teams.
- Provide an escalation point for the Development and Infrastructure teams in troubleshooting issues & completing tasks.
- Adhere to good engineering practices such as code approvals, testing (unit, functional, performance etc).
- Attend seminars to represent the company in the market, to keep up to date with technology, security, compliance and legislative changes that may impact the IT function and business and identify potential solutions.
- Ensure tasks are undertaken in a secure manner so that the company's systems and data are not compromised.
- Provide technical guidance and support to less experienced team members through coaching
- Communicate technical issues and solutions to all parts of the business. to ensure that users are informed in an appropriate and timely manner
- Be able to work outside of core business hours when required (e.g. maintenance, priority issue support)
- Understand and comply with safety policies and procedures at all times and take all necessary actions to ensure the health, safety and welfare of yourself, your colleagues and third parties.
- Understand and comply with Company Data Protection and Information Security policies at all times.
- Any other reasonable duties which you may be requested to perform from time to time.
Your Skills as a DevOps Engineer
- Azure DevOps/TFS
- MS PowerShell scripting
- MS Azure cloud services
- Experience of fault finding/ diagnostics
- Experience of working in a SaaS provider
- Full driving licence
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills quickly
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Sees work through to completion
- Communicates effectively both face-to-face and in writing
- Investigates problems from multiple angles
- Keeps information confidential and secure
- Willing and able to work outside normal hours when required
- Willing and to travel to remote offices / datacentre
- Strong coaching skills
- SQL Server administration
- Load Balancers
- Windows Server technologies
- IIS administration
- Virtualisation (ideally System Centre/ Hyper V)
- Industry Qualifications
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.