|Location: Crawley||Salary: £400.00 - £450.00 per day|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 8 days ago|
Contract DevOps Engineer
Contract is outside of IR35
The DevOps Engineer will be enhancing and delivering DevOps build pipelines for medical device applications software. Providing guidance to the development teams to build DevOps knowledge and empower them to make changes themselves. The role will be working in a scrum team as part of an Agile Release Train following Scaled Agile (SAFe). Software quality is a key responsibility in a safety critical environment
- Define, implement, and build DevOps pipelines and maintain their continuity and consistency.
- Support the design, build and integration of automated software deployment solutions and environments within the pipelines.
- Work with Software Engineers, Architects, Designers, Front-End Engineers and Data Scientists to deliver secure, performant and maintainable development and test environments.
- Use best-practice continuous integration and continuous deployment methodologies to ensure that the build and deployment pipelines are fast, robust, and secure.
- Play an essential role in driving DevOps initiatives and champion good code quality, coding standards and DevOps practices. Making code quality metrics and standards highly visible.
- Enhance our existing CI/CD pipeline to make all aspects of product development, deployment, and maintenance fast and efficient.
- Providing guidance and documentation where needed to the development teams to build DevOps knowledge and empower them to make changes themselves.
- Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English with strong communication skills
- DevOps Tool stacks like Azure Devops, Git, VMWare.
- Experience of Unit testing, automated tests, and CI/CD
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and their associated deployment utilities, APIs, and CLI tooling.
- Experience in Cloud DevOps
- At least one scripting language (Python, PowerShell)
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Structured and professional approach to engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of software engineering disciplines, practices, and techniques
- Understanding and experience of Agile
- Experience with building infrastructure as code e.g.Terraform or Puppet.
- Static analysis tools
- Back end: Microservices, REST APIs, SQL, Rabbit MQ
- Understanding and experience of the overall SDLC for application development
- Previous experience of Medical Devices (or other regulated/safety critical areas)
- Network planning and protocols
- SAFe methodologies
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.