|Location: London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Mark Crorkin||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Application cloud expert / DevOps / Cloud Architect
You'll be working on one of companies most ambitious and critical technology projects: to migrate a large proportion of over 1000 applications to public cloud infrastructure and managed services.
You'll collaborate with global IT teams across the business to help them on their cloud migration journey, and engineer common, re-usable solutions that can be used to accelerate cloud adoption across the organisation. We're looking for someone who'll be able to:
- Work collaboratively across the organisation
- Solve challenging problems in an elegant but pragmatic way
- Write professional, clear and comprehensive documentation
- Apply best development and DevOps practices and effectively utilize technologies
Your experience and skills
- focused on quality
- an excellent communicator
- aware of on-going technology trends and know how to pragmatically leverage their benefits
- a quick learner
- comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- fluent in English
- Microsoft Azure cloud platform
- Confidence in architecting applications around cloud PaaS services
- Background in development using a major language such as Java, C#
- CI/CD including tools such as Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, TeamCity etc.
- Containers and container orchestration using Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
- Infrastructure-as-code, using tools such as Terraform, ARM or CloudFormation
- Scripting languages including Windows PowerShell, Bash etc.
- Github or similar, contributing to open source projects
- Agile development practices (Scrum, Kanban)
- DevOps practices and the value of automation
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.