|Location: Westbury||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 23 days ago|
DevOps Technical Lead
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead DevOps Engineer to be based at our site in Westbury (Wiltshire) although there is an opportunity to conduct much of the work remotely. This role will involve leading a small team of engineers and taking responsibility for the ongoing development and support of the client which is deployed at a number of customer sites around the UK and plays a key role in the UKMFTS (UK Military Flight Training System) capability. You will be heavily involved in helping to shape the team in the UK and establishing and maintaining a business rhythm.
Note that occasional travel will be required to customer sites across the UK.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing a range of software and systems engineering duties and system administration tasks for the UKMFTS (UK Military Flying Training System) programme. Typical duties may include:
- Leading and mentoring the software team responsible for implementation of the CI/CD strategy
- Designing, implementing and monitoring the TMIS software build and deployment pipeline
- Driving the development and testing of new features
- Managing software releases and ensuring that application issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Implementing and leading an Agile-based development cycle, including daily team meetings and retrospectives, task estimation and prioritisation, planning, demonstration and reporting activities
- Communicating on a daily basis with key internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting the team with troubleshooting, database administration, and development of code and scripts
- Proven experience in leading software teams in an Agile environment
- Solid understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Practical knowledge of Jira
- Experience in using and administrating relational databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material
- Excellent customer service skills
- Agile certification (e.g. Scrum Master)
- Requirements analysis and management (e.g. DOORS)
- System and software design (e.g. UML, SysML)
- Practical experience in using scripts to automate processes (e.g. Powershell)
- Web Server administration and configuration (e.g. Apache Tomcat, WildFly)
- Practical experience in using the Hibernate framework
- Experience with Oracle SQL
- Regular use of message-based middleware and protocols, e.g. (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, REST, SOAP)
- Experience of fault finding web-based, database technologies and complimentary operating systems
- Experience with Hyper-V and/or VMware
- Experience with Oracle SQL
- Practical knowledge of Windows and Windows Server administration.
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the DevOps Technical Lead position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.