|Location: Crawley||Salary: £80000 - £100000 per annum|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 9 days ago|
Director of Product Management
Must have experience in Radiation Oncology
This role develops and executes the product and portfolio strategy for key franchises. Working from Business Objectives, the Snr. Director of Product Management (and team) defines product segmentation, roadmaps and requirements to deliver these objectives. This role ensures end-to-end success of the project and product, from defining requirements that will deliver sustainable differentiation in market to ensuring that plans are in place to generate appropriate evidence for launched products. This role is a key stakeholder in prioritising innovation resources to ensure maximum impact for my client, considering the input of cross functional stakeholders.
End-to-End product responsibility along assigned product lifecycle
- Owns the strategy based on market, customer, and competitor analysis in line with company-wide portfolio strategy.
- Responsible for overseeing the generation of product requirements and related business cases.
- Keeps current on competitor products and key market drivers, formulating and refining strategies to address competitive threats.
- Coordinate product and service feature improvements based on market feedback together with Research and Engineering, Services and Marketing (e.g., customer pain points).
- Translate market requirements into viable product configurations including initial pricing and positioning in agreement with Marketing
- Contribute to Design to Value, Design for Service etc. agendas across all relevant functions to maximize profits and minimize total costs of ownership.
- Actively works with customers, customer working or focus groups, to gain and validate requirements and strategy.
- Actively monitors the 'health' (quality, margin, cost, etc) of the various products in the portfolio and acts when appropriate.
- Act as/direct the product management representative in PCP and coordinate and prioritize feature backlog refinement and support regular resource planning.
- Work with Marketing to coordinate commercialization activities with the sales regions, identifying and providing evidence for key value propositions.
- Monitor delivery of products according to product specification, on-time, within budget and quality - takes active role in project review milestones as owner of the business case.
- Leads product lifecycle decisions (EOS, EOGS, EOL)
Relevant Knowledge, skills and competencies -
- Relevant degree with at least 5 years' experience in Radiation Oncology, within either a business context or clinical environment.
- Knowledge of OIS, TPS, QA tools and workflows in radiotherapy
- Demonstrated track record as an international senior product manager or other relevant role in the medical device industry
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to assimilate complex issues and convert them into actionable, clear business plans
- Results driven with a strong track record
- Project management capabilities and able to act in a project team as integrator of technical and commercial views
- Proven leader, building capability in teams
- Excellent skills in verbal and written communication in English, other languages are a merit
- Collaborative mindset as impact needs to be driven without formal authority across functions
- Persistent and persuasive behavior to own and drive cross-functional initiatives.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (30%)
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.