|Location: Bristol||Salary: Bonus and Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Technology, Corporate & Professional Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Senior / Lead Economic Advisor (Consultant)
Bristol, Surrey or Warrington areas with home working flexibility
Excellent Salary on offer - please call to discuss !
Our clients success is borne out of commitment to their clients and the strong relationships they form with them and their teams. They care deeply about their clients' success and pride themselves on being trusted by them to support projects and programmes that really matter.
Due to continued success and growth of their consultancy services, we are currently recruiting an Economic Advisory Consultant to join the group and make a big impact.
The perfect person for this role will have demonstrable experience of Economic Advisory Consultancy and will be up to the challenge of delivering client projects and winning new work to support a rapidly growing team in this specialist area.
You will have previous experience in an Economic Advisory role. The successful applicant will have experience of delivering advice and insight into government and major corporations in specific target growth areas (health, advanced manufacturing, energy, sustainability, defence and transport and infrastructure).
The work in the area of economic advisory is diverse and ranges from; economic assessment of complex engineering projects, development of cost and financial modelling using top-down and bottom-up approaches, developing LCOE models, performing value for money assessments and social value measurement, constructing business cases and performing economic assurance reviews, to market analysis of supply and demand, macroeconomic impacts and calculation of GVA and jobs.
With this appointment, our client expects to enhance the breadth and depth of the existing economic advisory service offering. The successful candidate will bring proven skills in economic modelling, research, and advisory. They will be willing to undertake business development and proposal writing to support the ongoing growth of services in this area.
- Significan proven experience in an Economic Advisory Consultancy role.
- A Degree in the following or related disciplines:
- Demonstrable expertise in providing economic advice and insight into government(s) and / or major corporations.
- Strong data analysis, interrogation, quality and visualisation skills. A proven ability to derive insights from data and combine with economic insight using appropriate modelling techniques.
- Skilled econometric / mathematical problem solver with proven economic modelling capability.
- Experience of developing problem solving solutions using the following applied economic methods; econometrics, supply and demand modelling, socio-economic impact assessments, market and regulatory reviews, and policy / programme evaluations.
- An interest and ability in the practical application of economic theory.
- A willingness to generate new business.
- Experience in one or moreof the following markets:
- Transport & infrastructure
- Advanced manufacturing
- Experience of managing projects and leading teams of Consultants.
- Confident communicator and excellent presentation skills with client-facing experience.
- A proactive, self-motivated individual with an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.