|Location: New Malden||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Beth Currid||Job Published: 14 days ago|
Electrical Design Engineer
We are seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to support all of the Electrical Design work for maritime control and instrumentation systems throughout the full project lifecycle. This will involve the selection, design, development and analysis of electrical systems and components to deliver a Platform Management System (PMS) on a variety of Defence programmes.
It is desirable for the successful candidate to have a relevant degree in Engineering or another relevant discipline and have a keen interest in being an Electrical Design Engineer. Experienced Electrical Design Engineers without a degree will also be considered so if you have previous commercial experience as an Electrical Design Engineer that would be a plus! Due to the nature of the role, the candidate will have to be eligible to obtain security clearance.
Some of the main duties of the Electrical Design Engineer will include:
- Create, modify, maintain and manage electrical designs for power and control systems
- Analyse and justify electrical based designs and component selection.
- Produce and review electrical schematics in accordance with relevant standards and internal Computer Aided Design (CAD) processes.
- Resolve electrical issues during hardware design, development, manufacture, integration and qualification.
- Apply working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) from an electrical design engineering perspective
- Manage and adhere to configuration management processes for baseline control throughout the full project lifecycle
- Drive and oversee the electrical safety testing of designed and manufactured equipment
- Produce, modify, maintain and manage technical documents to support contractual deliverables (e.g. specifications, design documents, Bill of Materials (BOMs) etc.)
What experience you need to be the successful Electrical Design Engineer:
- Strong experience in an Electrical Design Engineering position
- Understanding and working knowledge of electrical related Defence Standards, including Lloyds Register and other Military Standards (e.g. Def Stan 59-411)
- Understanding and working knowledge of Defence programmes
- Hold SC clearance or ability to achieve it
- Ability to work independently on own initiative, as well as within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work under pressure in a complex and rapidly changing environment
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Electrical Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.