|Location: Sheffield||Salary: + Benefits|
|Sector: Rail & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Adrienne Kettlewell||Job Published: 15 days ago|
Electrical Design Engineer
£35,000 - £45,000
Electrical Design Engineer needed for a well-established quality supplier of integrated electrical systems in Sheffield. As the successful candidate you will have proven experience in a similar role, be proficient in the design of electrical control panels and motor control from customer specifications.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and understanding of low to high voltage industrial, rail electrical and oil and gas distribution equipment within a contract-based environment. As Electrical Design Engineer you will be responsible for providing advice and assistance to ensure the company complies with all relevant technical standards. You will be involved in the production of general arrangement drawings, single line diagrams and schematic diagrams of the control panels.
What the Electrical Design Engineer role involves:
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the main responsibilities include:
* Electrical design of products within required timescales
* Create part numbers and structure products on time in full and without errors
* Act as the central hub in the compilation of all Technical Files and Operating Manuals
* Provide support and assistance to the Service Department in the design of upgrade opportunities for legacy equipment
* Provide support and assistance to the production department whilst the control panel build is progressing
What experience you need to be the successful Electrical Design Engineer:
Essential experience include:
* Proficient in using IT systems, including Microsoft Office and Autocad Electrical
* Experienced in the design of medium voltage distribution and switchboards up to and including 11kv utilisation voltage
* Familiar with British standards
* High attention to detail with strong organisational skills
Desirable experience includes:
* Experience with Network Rail distribution systems including ASP's and PSP's
* Hazardous area regulations knowledge (ATEX Directive)
* Experience of working in a project-based environment
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.