|Location: Guildford||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Adrienne Kettlewell||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Electrical Design Engineer
Electrical Design Engineer required by a growing energy storage company whose sole drive is to provide electricity from renewable sources of energy and reduce consumption costs. As the Electrical Design Engineer, you will join a team of passionate and creative people and play a key role in designing of power systems which interconnect the flywheel storage system with the electrical power grid.
The successful Electrical Design Engineer will be ideally educated to degree level, in a subject such as Electrical or Power Systems Engineering and have at least 3 years' experience of working in this field.
An overview of the Electrical Design Engineer's responsibilities:
- Preparation of technical drawings, system architecture schematics, GA, BoM and single line diagrams.
- Analysis and modelling of AC/DC Power Systems (Short Circuit, Transient, Loadflow, Arc Flash)
- Design of High-Power Electronics/Converters.
- Analysis of Harmonics and designing systems to mitigate it.
- Designing and building of Switchgear and Control Panels.
- Electrical design of LV Containerised sub-stations for energy storage.
- Design of Transformers, UPS and Motor Control Centres.
- Cable Calculations (Ampacity, short circuit, etc).
- Carry out FAT, SAT and site commissioning.
- Designing of Lighting Systems.
- Using and calibration of equipment (low voltage power supplies, high voltage
power supplies, mustimeters, signal generators, frequency counters, oscilloscope and multi-
- FMEA and Risk Assessments of Projects and Design.
The required experience of the Electrical Design Engineer is :
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Power Systems Engineering (Masters is desirable)
- City and Guilds Certification/BS 7671 certification is desirable.
- Knowledge of AC systems upto 33kV and DC systems upto 1.5kV.
- Proven software experience - MATLAB/Simulink, AutoCAD Electrical, Relux,
Amtech, ETAP, EPLAN.
- MUST have hands on experience of Control Panel building and fabrication.
This is an really exciting role for an experience Electrical Design Engineer to be a part of something really special, to help forge the way forward in green energy production. Get in touch right away to register your interest in this position, or simply hit the apply button.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.