|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: £40000 - £52000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Electrical Project Engineer
UK Wide - Portsmouth/Bristol/Farnborough/Glasgow - Hybrid Working
£40,000 - £52,000
Electrical Project Engineer needed for a leading defence and security organisation with offices across the UK, such as Portsmouth/Bristol/Farnborough/Glasgow areas who are looking to employ a number of experienced and well-rounded Electrical Project Engineers that takes pride in their work.
Positions are available from Senior to Principal level, with responsibilities & salary being subject to experience and expectations.
As an Electrical Project Engineer, you will be degree qualified within electrical engineering or equivalent experience. For Principal level we would expect Chartered Engineering status and previous line management experience ideally. You will be responsible for providing Electrical Engineering services to Submarine Build Programmes throughout the full Submarine Lifecycle. The role holder will be regularly liaising with ship project staff, line manage a team of engineers, interface with internal and external stakeholders with the opportunities to develop within the role and company as a whole.
What the role of the Electrical Project Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Electrical Project Engineer will include:
During the design phase:
- Supporting technical investigations, root cause analysis, feasibility and concept studies. Applying engineering theory/technical knowledge to support findings and recommendations including design substantiation via calculation and simulation
- Defining equipment/system technical requirements and acceptance routes. Applying and managing requirements to drive the development of design solutions for electrical systems, including supplier/OEM management, Change Requests and Concessions
- Applying analysis outputs to demonstrate compliance with safety, functional and performance requirements
During the transition from design to build:
- Assessing and managing the integration of solutions with other engineering systems across the platform in accordance with Engineering Lifecycle Governance processes
- Resolving production queries as quickly as practicable within safety / design intent
- Supporting in the application of mandated MOD safety and environmental systems, Engineering Governance, Product Safety & associated Frameworks
- Supporting Production Teams to aid in the application of requirements and standards to ensure they are fully understood and met
- Line Management of Direct Reports - Principal engineering level
What experience you need to be the successful Electrical Project Engineer:
- Experience of working within an Engineering role supporting submarines or their subsystems/equipment, or equivalent maritime engineering experience
- Experience of working in complex design programmes
- You must have experience of working on Electrical Power Systems covering 440V, Main DC, Main Battery, Main switchboard, Lighting Systems and Modelling
- Must be willing to travel across the UK to different sites at least once a month
- Degree qualified (Electrical Engineering) or equivalent experience
- Preferably to have Engineering Chartership, or actively working towards it
- Ideally have design software knowledge or willing to learn the desired software package
- Line management experience - applicable for Principal Engineer
In order to be eligible for this role you will need to undergo Security Clearance Background Checks that require you to be a UK resident and UK passport holder.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Project Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.