|Location: Essex, England||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Job Role: Electrical Project Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + Company car + benefits
Hours per week: 40 hours
Job Summary for Electrical Project Engineer:
This is a new fantastuc opportunity to work for a leading client that specialises with all aspects od the water cycle.
They are currently seeking a well experience Electrical Project Engineer to work in Hanningfield and within the eastern area delivering project.
This is an operational / project based role with the primary objective of developing and implementing optimum operations and maintenance strategy for core water projects.
The day to day responsibilities of the Electrical Project Engineer include:
- Preparation of project programme for electrical aspects of work
- Attending site progress meetings and producing reports
- Scoping of work
- Value engineering
- Adhering to and enforcing H&S and risk assessments
- Assisting the Project Manager with the management of staff and subcontractors
- Taking responsibility for the health & safety of self and all under your control
- Controlling project expenditure costs to maximise profitability and productivity
- Make decisions both small and large, in such a way that risk is controlled and uncertainty minimized
- Planning the work efficiently to meet agreed deadlines
Requirements for the Electrical Project Engineer:
- Minimum HNC / Degree or equivalent qualified in electrical engineering
- Member of an appropriate Engineering institution
- Substantial industry experience in building services operations and maintenance at senior electrical engineer level working in a critical / complex environment
- Experience of HV electrical installation, operations, and maintenance, acting as Senior Authorised Person
- Proven experience of delivering complex projects
- Experience of representing the Duty Holder for statutory regulations
- Working knowledge and experience of all relevant health and safety legislation and regulatory requirements including HASAW, EAWR, PUWER, DSEAR regulations.
- Experience in one or more regulatory and legislative environments in respect to, but not limited to, Home Office, HSE, British Standards and ACDP.
- Experienced in plant, equipment, and system design, configuration, installation, commissioning, and operations
- A detailed understanding of critical plant and systems, and corresponding maintenance strategies
- Working knowledge and experience of reliability based maintenance techniques and industry best practice
- Experience of effective utilisation of planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and facilities management (CAFM) software platforms.
Excellent IT skills.
Demonstrated complex problem solving skills.
A self-starter and strong team player, flexible and able to work effectively without close supervision.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and able to develop excellent customer/supplier working relationships.
Desirable for the Electrical Project Engineer
- Knowledge of Asset management (PAS 55)
- Experience of working with high containment or animal facilities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a main contractor within the utilities industry, please get in touch asap.