|Location: Bedfordshire||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Electrical Systems Engineer
I am looking to recruit an Electrical Systems Engineer. The Systems Engineering team is responsible for the design definition, control, development and update of the extensive facility. The successful candidate will be involved in the introduction of new systems and technologies and marrying them up with existing legacy technology so that they operate successfully. As well as the setting of requirements management, design definition, completion of design reviews, justification of design choices, recording of design details and production of operating manuals, maintenance instructions and spares holdings.
Since this role is aimed at the electrical aspects of the site's facilities and infrastructure we are looking for a systems engineer who is familiar with miscellaneous engineering disciplines including: electronics; software; mechanical and manufacturing. And although expertise in these areas is not expected, a working knowledge is deemed essential.
Some of the main duties of the Electrical Systems Engineer will include:
- To become intimately familiar with a large, varied and complex facility, to understand the demands placed on the equipment from the intended (and unintended) use and combine that knowledge with an understanding of required changes such that well documented, justified and practical changes can be implemented.
- Keep safety at the fore of the design process.
- Generate design documentation, change definition and change justifications. Record knowledge gained in company 'wiki' systems.
- Understand the challenges of working with legacy equipment designed and built over half a century ago and combining it with cutting-edge technology.
- Interact with Project Management functions and participate fully in the generation of plans and monitoring of their progress.
- Perform analytical assessment of the site in terms of FMEA; reliability analysis; etc.
- Review telemetry and data gathered from operational equipment to understand performance.
- Propose and justify spares inventories for new and legacy equipment.
- Take engineering ownership of entire projects such as the refurbishment of significant plant assets.
- Author documentation such as Work Instructions, procedures, user manuals and suchlike.
What experience you need to be the successful Electrical Systems Engineer:
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or closely related subject.
- Industrial experience (2+ years).
- Experience of HV equipment, switchgear and high power electric motors.
- Ability to design safe circuits and present in clear engineering drawings.
- Highly numerate and confident with analytical methods.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of industrial machinery.
- Understand the application of formal design control and change procedures.
- Appreciate the importance of continuous improvement.
- Ability to interpret and apply industry standards and legislative requirements.
- PC literate with the ability to learn to operate software beyond the basic word processing and spreadsheet packages.
Ideally you will tick off some of the following points:
- Able to work under little supervision and plan own work to ensure key milestones are met.
- Results focused; well organised with strong interpersonal skills and a mature sensibility.
- A team player who is prepared to adapt and apply themselves to all manner of tasks at hand.
- Happy to take the lead in determining the best solutions to problems and then driving those solutions to completion.
- Imaginative and creative with good problem solving skills.
- Comfortable working in and around large high voltage machinery and get involved with the physical work.
- Persistent and determined to succeed; an all-rounder who is happy to learn new skills.
- Readily adaptable to rapidly changing circumstances.
- Able and willing to work in parts of the site with physically limited access.
- Have a positive attitude and a willingness to accept tasks outside this job description.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.