|Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum + outstanding pension scheme|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 29 days ago|
Electrical Systems Engineer
My client is a world leading research organisation. With around 1300 staff it has some world leading scientists and fosters close links with international partners, industry and academic institutions. They currently required an experienced Electrical Systems Enginner to specialise in developing roberts for hazardous environments.
The Electrical Systems Design Engineer role is responsible for defining the electrical system requirements and specialication, generating layput designs and obverseeing detailed design drawings. The role also involves the maintenance and upgrade of existing legacy remote handling equipment and managing obsolesence issues.
* Producing electrical systems specifications for large complex remote handling systems.
* Producing electrical equipment designs from specifications
* Interpreting regulations and national requirements
* Producing Electrical distribution designs for facilities to appropriate regulations and standards
* Preparing electrical schematics and BOMs for new prototype equipment
* Supports project managers in preparing project bid documentation, estimating cost and timescales
* Managing and coordinating subcontractors, including specifying tasks and tracking performance.
* Approves quality of design work performed by contractors
* Actively maintains knowledge of technical developments in field.
* Assists in future planning of resources and strategy.
* Producing high quality layout designs for equipment enclosures and panels from schematics.
* Maintaining and upgrading legacy plant
* Managing component obsolescence issues.
* Assisting in the testing and commissioning of systems including ensuring compliance of systems with both site and legislated safety requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership.
* Engineering or technology degree, or equivalent experience.
* Extensive engineering design experience and the ability to assess and perform mechatronic design work.
* Knowledge of remote handling systems and remote operations is highly desirable as is knowledge of nuclear. operations and/or petrochemical operations.
* Proven ability to interact efficiently with people in a variety of different situations.
* Experience of maintenance of legacy equipment, reverse engineering where approptiate.
* Ability to deliver complex engineering projects from cradle to grave.
* Able to produce high quality work to deadlines.
* Flexible working attitude with the ability to work as an individual or as a team member.
* Able to coach less experienced staff.
* Ability to design complex mechatronic systems.
* Understanding of governance, H&S and compliance issues.
* Experience of working in a cross functional team.
* Experience of working in a safety dominated working environment
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.