|Location: Slough||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Emma Puddick||Job Published: 13 days ago|
£29,000 - £33,000
About the Electrical Technician Role:
Currently we have a brand-new vacancy; looking for an Electrical Technician to join a large Waste Water business. It'll be your role to ensure that all electrical equipment associated with water treatment works are running safely and efficiently using both proactive and reactive maintenance methods.
The successful Electrical Technician will work in the maintenance team where you'll need to inspect, maintain, fault diagnose, test, install, modify or repair as appropriate, electrical plant equipment.
Key Duties for the Electrical Technician:
- Carrying out installation works on a variety of electrical equipment
- Inspecting and carrying out maintenance work on equipment as required within manufactures guidelines. Examples include: 3 phase motors, starters and controls, Electronic control systems such as VSD's, Automatic valves and penstocks, Flow, level and pressure measurement, Programmable logic controllers, variable speed drives and controls, chemical handling and dosing equipment.
- Carrying out routine machinery checks in addition to unscheduled emergency maintenance work
- Delivering up-to-date technical advice and provide training and support for technical trainees
- Carry out the repair and maintenance of electrical motor drive systems and associated control systems including Inverter drives
- Participate in a stand-by rota following the relevant training
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Apprenticeship-served, 18th Edition Electrician
- Able to work confidently on 3 phase equipment. Due to the nature of this role domestic experience is not
- The ability to work with minimum supervision and have knowledge of Health and Safety issues relevant to the industry
- A full, UK driving licence is essential
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.