|Location: Essex||Salary: Salary On Application|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 23 days ago|
Electro-Mechanical Workshop Foreman
Permanent - Salary On Application
Electro-Mechanical Workshop Foreman needed for a leading defence engineering organisation based in Southend-On-Sea who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Electro-Mechanical Workshop Foreman that takes pride in their work.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree in engineering, proven supervisory skills and electro-mechanical competencies. If you have experience within defence, aerospace or ordnance, munitions and explosives (OME) that would be a plus!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Electro-Mechanical Workshop Foreman will include:
- As a qualified Electro-Mechanical Plant Fitter, you will perform the duties as the Workshops Foreman to ensure the safe and efficient running of the services from the workshop; leading a team of engineers, the core function of this workshop is to keep the site's Explosive Waste Incinerators maintained and safely processing.
- The practical functions of the position are to carry out reactive, preventative and planned mechanical maintenance of heavy plant machinery and equipment; in addition to fabrication and welding to support the firing range.
- The supervisory/leadership elements are to plan and prioritise the team's workload (Responsible for a team of three Engineers) hosting team briefings and collaborating with the other Foremen on site to discuss site operations and ensure efficient and safe running at all times. You will be the team's point of contact for Health and Safety, managing it locally for the workshop. Administratively completing and updating risk assessments and keeping up-to-date electronic records for asset management and maintenance schedules.
What experience you need to be the successful Electro-Mechanical Workshop Foreman:
- Electro-mechanical competencies
- Proven supervisory skills
- An understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Strong fault finding, diagnostics and repair skills
- Experience maintaining/repairing heavy processing plant and equipment
- Understanding of workplace Health & Safety (ISOH Desirable)
- Competencies in PLC and Control systems (Desirable)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Electro-Mechanical Workshop Foreman to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply for this role, applicants must be eligible to undergo and obtain a high level of UK Security Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.