|Location: Chelmsford||Salary: £60 - £70 per hour|
|Sector: Electronics||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Electronic Systems and FPGA Engineer
Theis role can be contract, In scope, paying £60-70per hour or a 6 month FTC paying £60k - £70k pro rata
This opportunity within the Electrical department is for an experienced Senior / Principal Electronics Systems and FPGA Engineer to support the design and development of the Interface Electronics required to support Testing and operation of our current and next generation high speed Imaging Sensors. This includes Charge Coupled Devices, CMOS image detectors and associated Read out ICs (ROICs)The ideal candidate will also have some exposure to space satellite systems and will be expected to draw upon that experience to support and advise in discussions relating to the strategic direction of our electronics capability, within the context of Detector Sub Systems for space.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
- Test Equipment Hardware Design
The Engineer will be working in cross-functional teams reporting to project managers to achieve project objectives that ensure our interface capability is maintained at the cutting edge and aligned with our development roadmaps. Doing so will require acquiring an intimate knowledge of how our current and new devices operate along with the practical ability to write FPGA code and support PCB design, including schematic entry.
Existing core FPGA designs are typically based on Xilinx 7 series and UltraScale devices programmed using VHDL with Xilinx Vivado design tools. Schematic design of PCBs is typically CadStar but Cadence Sigrity design and modelling tools are also used to analyse signal integrity.
- Detector Sub Systems Support
In collaboration with the systems group the Engineer will provide Bid and business development support. This support will include reviewing and specifying technical proposals, conducting trade off analysis and supplying estimates for effort and material cost.
- Design of FPGA (Field Programmable Logic Devices)
- Digital and analogue electronics
- Design using VHDL language
- Use of Xilinx Vivado
- FPGA test bench generation and simulation
- Writing design documentation
- Use of electronic test equipment (e.g. oscilloscopes, logic analyser)
- Imaging handling and processing
- High speed (gigabit) data transfer
- DDR3/4 memory
- FPGA design techniques for high reliability (e.g. radiation tolerance)
- Electronics design for space and radiation tolerance
- Use of Windchill PLM Software
- Use of Cadence Sigrity and associated plug ins.
- SVN Configuration Control
- Artificial Intelligence for image processing.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.